Learn via live instructor-led virtual lectures completely online.
Trillium College’s Law & Security diploma program provides theoretical and hands-on training and gives you the knowledge, skills and industry contacts needed for successful employment in the policing and public safety fields. Our program is recognized by the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services (MCSCS) and taught by professionals from the public safety arena.
Leading to one of the best community service career paths in Canada, the Law & Security program provides individuals with the fundamental knowledge and skills needed for successful employment in the field.
Areas of Focus
This academic program covers information in the following subject areas:
- Fundamentals of Psychology
- Criminology and the Criminal Justice System
- Community Policing
- Understanding Issues of Diversity
- Working with High-risk Populations
- Working with Addiction and Mental Health Issues
- Utilizing Community Resources
- Provincial Offences, Federal Statutes and the Criminal Code
- Interviewing, Investigation and Evidence
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention
- Communication Techniques and Processes
- Ethics and Professionalism
As a graduate of Trillium College’s Law & Security program, you will be prepared for work in a variety of professional law enforcement areas, including municipal by-law and civil enforcement, airport security guard, house detective, private investigator, military police, railway police, police services, public and private security companies, and investigation firms. This diploma also gives you the opportunity to pursue training to work with the railway police, military police, Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), corrections, customs and border services.*
*For international students IRCC conditions apply, see: www.canada.ca/en/
- According to updated information on *Indeed.ca
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or Mature Student Status
- A clear CPIC with vulnerable sector screening
*Program temporarily being offered via online delivery as approved by the Superintendent of Private Career Colleges.