Learn via live instructor-led virtual lectures completely online.
Trillium College’s Law Clerk program give student the specialization they need to excel in their field. This program is designed to train students to become Law Clerks to assist lawyers in private law offices and in legal departments of government and industry. Students acquire an understanding of the general principles of law and receive specific training in the skills required to work in these environments. The legal profession offers a unique mix of drama and regulation that facilitates a career of new challenges and learning. Whether you participate in a divorce negotiation, a bail hearing, the sale of a house, or a criminal case, Trillium College’s Law Clerk diploma program gives you the foundation to excel.
Areas of Focus
Students will master skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Accounting for Businesses
- MS Office Applications
- Client Relations and Diversity in the Workplace
- Critical Thinking, Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Introduction to Law
- Torts and Contracts
- Legal Research Writing and Dicta Typing
- Legal Office Procedures
- Family Law
- Wills, Estates and Real Estate Law
- Corporate Law and Civil Litigation
Graduates may find employment with law firms and in legal departments of corporations and government agencies.
- Prepare and key in correspondence and legal documents, such as deeds, wills, affidavits and briefs, from handwritten copy, shorthand and machine dictation using computers
- Review and proofread documents and correspondence to ensure compliance with legal procedures and grammatical usage
- Schedule appointments, meetings and conferences for employer
- Set up and maintain filing systems, utilizing knowledge of legal records and procedures and frequently controlling confidential materials and documents
- Open and distribute regular and electronic incoming mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments or organizations
- Determine and establish office procedures and routines
- May supervise and train other staff in procedures and in the use of current software
- May attend court, meetings or conferences to take notes, minutes and dictation
- May perform other general office work as required including preparing financial statements.
- According to updated information on *Indeed.ca
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or Mature Student Status
Another Trillium Success Story