Trillium College’s Community Service Worker (CSW) diploma program gives you the knowledge, practical skills and confidence needed to assist in creating, implementing and overseeing a variety of social and community-based programs. You will develop skills to assist in client assessment, proper referral procedure and monitoring clients’ treatments help change people’s lives for the better.
Areas of Focus
This academic program covers information in the following subject areas:
- Becoming a Helping Professional in Human Services
- Utilizing Community Resources
- Understanding Issues of Diversity
- Working with High-risk Populations
- Working with Addiction and Mental Health Issues
- Dynamics within Families
- Communication Techniques and Processes
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention
- First Aid and CPR
- Ethics and Professionalism
After completion of the in-class components, you will gain valuable professional experience in community support settings while on placement.
As a graduate of Trillium College’s CSW program, you may find rewarding employment as an addictions support worker, group home support worker, community service worker or shelter support worker in a variety of community facilities and settings.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent, or mature student status (18 years of age)
- Current immunization record
- Submission of a clear Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) report with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Completed Vulnerable Sector Screening waiver