Trillium College’s Community Service Worker (CSW) diploma program gives you the knowledge, practical skills and confidence needed to assist in creating, implementing and overseeing a variety of social and community-based programs. You will develop skills to assist in client assessment, proper referral procedure and monitoring clients’ treatments help change people’s lives for the better.
According to updated information on *Indeed.ca
Areas of Focus
This academic program covers information in the following subject areas:
- Becoming a Helping Professional in Human Services
- Utilizing Community Resources
- Understanding Issues of Diversity
- Working with High-risk Populations
- Working with Addiction and Mental Health Issues
- Dynamics within Families
- Communication Techniques and Processes
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention
- First Aid and CPR
- Ethics and Professionalism
After completion of the in-class components, you will gain valuable professional experience in community support settings while on placement.
As a graduate of Trillium College’s CSW program, you may find rewarding employment as an addictions support worker, group home support worker, community service worker or shelter support worker in a variety of community facilities and settings.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent, or mature student status (18 years of age)
- Current immunization record
- Submission of a clear Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) report with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Completed Vulnerable Sector Screening waiver
*Program temporarily being offered via online delivery as approved by the Superintendent of Private Career Colleges.