This program is available at the new Sudbury campus
Trillium College’s Medical Office Assistant diploma program prepares you to meet the demands of a career in medical administration. Our medical office curriculum provides you with the in-depth training in medical terminology, medical administrative procedures and the medical transcription skills needed to effectively support our communities’ medical professionals. Emphasis in this medical office program is placed on professional conduct, ethics, and standards within healthcare environments.
As the population of senior citizens increases, the medical field has experienced rapid growth, providing vast opportunities in all aspects of medical administration. The Medical Office Assistant program at Trillium College prepares students to be an integral part of a patient focused team environment.
Areas of Focus
This medical assisting program prepares graduates for work in medical administration with training in the following subject areas:
- Medical Office Operations
- Medical Terminology
- Medical Transcription and Documentation
- Word Processing and Spreadsheets
- Infection Prevention and Control
- First Aid and CPR
- Ethics and Professionalism
- Communication Skills
As a graduate of Trillium College’s Medical Office Assistant program, you may find employment as a medical assistant in a range of medical administrative settings. Graduates from our Medical Office Assistant program may find work at doctors’ and specialists’ offices, hospitals, clinics, wellness centres, dental environments, and long-term care facilities. Other employment opportunities as a medical assistant include employment with insurance agencies, pharmaceutical companies, medical sales organizations and government facilities.
Salary: According to jobbank.gc.ca, an average salary for a Medical Secretary or Administrative Medical Assistant is $20.99 per hour (NOC 1243).
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent or mature student status (18 years of age)
- Passing score on the entrance evaluation
- Successful interview with a Career Coach
- Medical Certificate indicating that the student is free of communicable disease and has an up-to-date immunization record