Human Resource Management Graduate Program
The purpose of Human Resource Management is to maximize the productivity of an organization by optimizing the effectiveness of its employees. HR Managers are engaged not only in securing and developing the talents of individual workers, but also in implementing programs that enhance communication and cooperation needed to nurture the development of an organization.
Human Resource Management functions are positioned near the theoretic center of the organization, with access to all areas of the business.
Areas of Focus
This program covers information in the following subject areas:
- Human Resource Administration
- Training and Development
- Fundamentals of Occupational Health and Safety
- Organizational Behaviour
- Recruitment and Selection
- Human Resource Finance and Accounting
- Human Resource Planning
- Industrial Relations & Collective Bargaining
- Compensation Management
As a graduate of the HRM program, you will find employment opportunities with a wide range of employers such as:
- Small Business
- National/International/Global Corporations
Human resources are the most important assets of an organization; a business cannot be successful without effectively managing this resource; a philosophy that is unlikely to change in any fundamental way in the foreseeable future.
- job analysis and staffing
- organization and utilization of the workforce
- measurement and appraisal of workforce performance
- implementation of reward systems for employees
- professional development of workers
- maintenance of workforce
According to jobbank.gc.ca, you can earn a median salary of $32.95/hr as a Human Resource Manager (NOC 0112).
- Diploma or Degree in related Business or Accounting discipline