Medical Lab Assistant/Technician Program Summary
Emphasis in the Medical Lab Assistant/Technician program at Trillium College is placed on understanding ethical responsibilities as well as the diversity of office and laboratory techniques. Students in this program will train for a specific position in the healthcare field, where they will work under the direct supervision of a physician, certified medical technologist or other health care professional. Graduates of this program will gain the prerequisites to apply to write the Ontario Society of Medical Technologists (OSMT) certification exam.
Graduates of the Medical Lab Assistant/Technician program may apply their credentials to positions in hospitals, laboratories, physicians’ offices, private diagnostic testing laboratories, walk-in clinics or other medical offices.
Medical Lab Technician Schools
The Medical Lab Assistant/Technician program at Trillium College is offered at the following medical assistant school locations:
- Oshawa Campus: Medical Lab Technician School
- Kingston Campus: Medical Lab Technician School
- Toronto Yonge Campus: Medical Lab Technician School
- Ottawa Campus: Medical Lab Technician School
- Grade 12 or equivalent or mature student status (18 years of age)
- Passing score on the entrance evaluation
- Successful interview with a Registrar
- Letter of recommendation
- Up to date immunization