Police Foundations Program SummaryTrillium College’s Police Foundations diploma program provides theoretical and hands-on training and gives you the knowledge, skills and industry contacts needed for successful employment in the policing and public safety fields. Our program is approved by the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services and taught by professionals in the public safety arena. Areas of Focus This academic program covers information in the following subject areas:
- Criminology and the Criminal Justice System
- Community Policing
- Understanding Issues of Diversity
- Working with High-risk Populations
- Working with Addiction and Mental Health Issues
- Utilizing Community Resources
- Provincial Offences, Federal Statutes and the Criminal Code
- Interviewing, Investigation and Evidence
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention
- Communication Techniques and Processes
- Ethics and Professionalism
Employment OpportunitiesAs a graduate of Trillium College’s Police Foundations program, you will be prepared for work in a variety of professional law enforcement areas, including municipal by-law and civil enforcement, the Ontario Police Services, public and private security companies and investigation firms. This diploma also gives you the opportunity to pursue training to work with the railway police, military police, Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), and customs and border services.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent, or mature student status (18 years of age)
- Submission of a clear Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) report
Police Foundations Program DetailsLeading to one of the best community service career paths in Canada, the Police Foundations program provides individuals with the basic knowledge and skills needed for successful employment in the field. If you are considering applying to any police service schools, remember Trillium College .
Employment OpportunitiesGraduates with a Police Foundation diploma may be eligible to work with Ontario Police Services, as Public Security Guards, with Private Security and Investigation Firms, Federal Enforcement Agencies (such as RCMP or Customs Officers), Conservation Services, Railway Police, or Military Police. Potential careers are also available in By-Law Enforcement and Civil Enforcement.
Police Foundations ProgramsThe Police Foundations program at Trillium College is offered at the following career schools for police training in Ontario:
- Oshawa Campus: Police Foundations School
- Kingston Campus: Police Foundations School
- St. Catharines Campus: Police Foundations School
One of the best community service career paths in Canada, providing individuals with the foundation, knowledge and skills needed for successful employment in the field of Police Foundations. This program is approved by the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services.
Graduates have a wide range of options when deciding where to apply their training in the Police Foundations field. Some areas to consider include: Ontario Police Services; Public Security Guards; By-Law Enforcement; Private Security and Investigation Firms; Conservation Officers/Park Wardens; Federal Enforcement Agencies (RCMP and Customs Officers); Railway Police; Military Police and Civil Enforcement.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent or mature student status (18 years of age)
- Passing score on the entrance evaluation
- Interview with a Registrar