“We have a plan for everyone”

We are here to help you succeed in your chosen career. Your question may be, “how am I going to pay for my education?” At Trillium College, our Student Finance Coordinators and Financial Aid Officers are available to answer all of your questions and walk you through the process. Our Student Finance Team will help you determine which plans you qualify for and which best suit your needs. There are many different funding options available: some of these are listed below.

Payment Plan

All students qualify for our in-house payment plans. Flexible payment plans can be arranged to suit your needs. Setting up a payment plan is an easy, effective and interest free way to pay for your education while you are in school. We can extend your monthly payments well beyond the completion date for those students who qualify or are able to get a qualified co-signer.


Trillium College has developed partnerships with several banks that enable eligible students to borrow money to cover their tuition, books and living expenses. With your budget in mind these banks will provide you with a low monthly payment, so you can afford to go back to school. Each bank has its own set of criteria and we can help you make the right contacts.

Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)

OSAP is a program funded by the provincial and federal governments. OSAP provides eligible Ontario residents with financial assistance to help pay for their education-related costs such as tuition, books, lab supplies, living costs, transportation and additional support may be available to accommodate the needs of people with special needs and dependent children. Financial aid can come in many forms, including loans, grants, bursaries, repayment assistance and debt reduction. For more information and to apply on-line, just log onto the OSAP website at https://osap.gov.on.ca and complete the web application. It is quick, easy and available 24 hours a day. Please contact our Trillium College Financial Aid Administrators for more information and details of the required supporting documentation which must be submitted to your college, in order for your funding to process.

Out of Province Student Loans

Students from provinces outside of Ontario may also qualify for funding from the last province in which they resided for 12 consecutive months. For a list of provincial offices, please visit www.canlearn.ca/eng/main/help/contact/cao.shtml

Employment Ontario

Second Careers is administered by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) which helps laid-off workers train for a new career. If you were laid off any time after 01 January, 2005, you are eligible to apply; including those who have taken an interim job to make ends meet. If you qualify, funding is available to support the cost of tuition, books, daycare, transportation and a basic living allowance. To learn more call Employment Ontario: toll-free at 1-800-387-5656 or visit www.ontario.ca/employment

Lifelong Learning Plan

The Lifelong Leaning Plan (LLP) allows you to withdraw money from your RRSPs to finance your education or that of your spouse or common law partner. You can withdraw up to $10,000 per year, up to a total maximum of $20,000. More information is available at http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/goc/llp.shtml

Registered Education Savings Plans

A student who is named under a family’s Registered Education Savings Plan may use these funds to cover the costs of education at an eligible post-secondary institution such as Trillium College. Detailed information is available at http://www.canlearn.ca/eng/saving/resp/index.shtml

Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB)

If you are a WSIB recipient or a surviving spouse, WSIB has funding resources for labour market re-entry. Speak to your case manager about re-training, which will help prepare you to get back into the work force. For more information please visit http://www.wsib.on.ca/wsib/wsibsite.nsf/Public/LabourMarketReEntry

Aboriginal/First Nations

If you are a registered Status Indian or Inuit (residing on or off the reserve) and plan on going back to school, you may be eligible for funding for your post-secondary studies if you register with an eligible educational institution such as Trillium College. For more information please visit http://www.ainc-inac.gc.ca/edu/ep/pse1-eng.asp#elc

Payment Methods Accepted by Trillium College

  • Cheques, money orders and cash
  • Debit cards (Interact direct payment)
  • Credit cards: Visa and Mastercard
  • Pre-authorized credit card payments (for monthly payment plans)

Click to go to the homepage